Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sick again

I am still out of the hospital and as far as my innards go I am doing quite well, unfortunately I have been stricken with regular person stuff. Saturday I came down with a urinary tract infection, Monday I went to my GI and was told I still have active ulcerative colitis in my rectum and the small part of my colon that is left, so my blood levels are sky high and I need to be treated. Then yesterday I got the flu, sorry to all of you I spoke with Tuesday night, I hope I didn't get you sick. So this really hasn't been my week, but I guess it is comforting to realize that 2 out of the 3 illnesses are easily gotten over. I just feel blessed to still have family in town that can watch Anna so that I can confine myself to my bed.

So about the 3rd problem, my little bit of leftover colon that is causing me big problems. I have the little bit left so that sometime in the future I can get a J-pouch if I want to. This part is still infected with ulcerative colitis and I was assured that since nothing is going through that part of my body it would heal and not cause any problems...I should have known better. So we are treating it and I haven't gotten better yet but I am not losing hope, I think it will take time but things will heal. That's what I keep telling myself anyway because if it doesn't heal I will have to get it all removed and that will kill the possibility of having a J-pouch, which wouldn't be the end of the world, but I like to have open options. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Heather Winegardner said...

What's the J-pouch again?

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you enough how strong you are. I mean seriously, I would be a complete disaster if I was in your shoes right now. You either are a great actress or you really are great at making lemonade out of your lemons. We are not doing a thing for spring break mon-fri so let me take Anna and you and Todd go out for lunch or something. I would LOVE to, seriously. I will continue to keep you in my prayers and try to continue to have hope. I know things will all work out.