Friday, February 8, 2008

Slowly but Surely

This is how I am healing, slowly but surely. I know that I am 100% better now than what I was 2 weeks ago, but I am feeling really impatient to be totally back to normal. Although at this point nothing is really painful (I haven't been on pain medicine since I have been home) my incision is still really sore, especially by the end of the day.

My mom left today after being here for 2 weeks, there is no way we could have done this without her. When preparing for this surgery I really didn't think that I would need the full 2 weeks to recover, ha! If she would have volunteered to stay another week I would have agreed in an instant. Although I am now able to lift Anna I can't lift her alot and I get tired really easy, I rely on my nap every afternoon to keep me going. I am glad that besides mom work, which is alot of work, I am not having to return to a 40 hour a week job. So I guess what I am trying to say is I would encourage people to expect at least a full 2 weeks for recovery when having this surgery.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You are an incredibly strong woman! And I mean it! I worry about lil´ things, when really its no big deal. Every sickness that I´ve gotten its easy to fix and common. You just go to the doctor get some lab tests and wala! Its this this and this...take this pill and come back and see me in 2 weeks. I admire your strength. Keep taking those naps and taking it easy until you get some more strength back...remember you are superwoman! And don´t you dare get depressed in any way. You´ve got a lot of people who love you...what more could you ask for?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you feel way better than before. Moms are always nice to have around, but if you still need some help now that shes gone just call me. And dont be stubborn sarah! just call. I would love to help!